Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Good dog

As I've gotten to know this baby golden retriever, I can tell already she is special. The breeder's mother came in to the house just as we were leaving with Indie and quietly warned me of this. I've had three previous golden retrievers, all great dogs, except for Jake, who was a bit of a pain in the ass, but still ok. This dog is like nothing I've ever experienced in any dog. So loving, so cuddly, so mellow, such a classic example of what one imagines the english golden retrievers to be. She's only been here for a few days and I think she may already be potty trained. I did not expect or even want this, but what a gift. Another one of those things that could only have come from elsewhere. C found her the night of Saba's yiertziet, so I started to wonder if she was dad’s reincarnation, but their personalities couldn't be farther apart. Indie laid back dozing on my leg and growled, of all things, as I said that into the voice recognition, so who really knows? If he wants to see the children grow into adulthood first hand, loving them directly along the way, it makes perfect sense. Whether or not Indie is dad reincarnated she'll be thrilled to see her new sister and brother when we pick them up from school today. I think the feeling is mutual. Peace and blessings to you, blog groupies.

Comments