Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Keith and Mark In Front of Panama City

Mark left yesterday early in the morning. This photo was taken the day before after we returned from several days traveling to this surf camp town in the middle of the jungle. Along the way we looked at lots of real estate projects. This place appears to be booming economically in spite of the slowdown in the United States. It is exciting to see. I am presently staying with Matt at the home of a real estate agent from Germany named Albert. Matt is going to be staying here a lot more as an on-site developer and Albert has offered one of his extra rooms. Among our adventures yesterday was going to the air conditioning store to buy a new window unit for Matt's room. Air conditioning is next to a necessity here. It is certainly possible to get used to the steamy tropical weather. Most houses out of the city don't even have glass windows. They use ornate bricks which allow the breeze to come in. But these are people who grew up here and are used to that. It's easy for a newcomer to break out in an almost uncontrollable sweat in Panama in certain situations. When that happens, air conditioning is the best cure. It also feels very nice to come into the air conditioning from the outside. Considering how sticky it is here, I am thinking more about sailing north during the summer. But October and November are supposed to be the rainiest months of the year here so it may just be that down south it is like this. One day at a time for now. I got to skype with Jenn last night and she showed me the dogs while I spoke with the whole family over free video link from Panama to Tucson. Amazing. And this blog, sent out to the corners of the earth.


Comments