Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Progress

What you are seeing are the mock-ups for the wind generator mast and supports in the rear and the Hydrovane mock-up in the front. This actual equipment is heavy and bulky enough so that it can't just be set up on the boat right out of the box. The brackets need to be learned and mocked (so to speak) and the metal bars (we are using plastic pipe) measured and then cut to fit the boat. It took numerous steps to get to this point and there are numerous steps before actual installation. Mind you this is just the supporting equipment. The actual wind turbine and the Hydrovane are being stored safely in the boxes and will not be installed until last. I'm told my Mr. Deaton (of Deaton Yachts) that this has been the hottest weather in the last 50 years. Getting this far in these weather conditions has been a struggle, a sweaty uncomfortable struggle, but we're making progress. Paul at the hardware store lent us his hot air gun because they didn't sell one. We needed that to take off the old port of origin letters. The new US Coast Guard documentation for Tropical Dreamer lists Tucson, Arizona as my port of origin so that is what needs to be lettered onto the back of the boat. How I managed to sail from Tucson to here will be an interesting topic of conversation during the cruising. We are meeting the guy who makes boat lettering in a little over half an hour at his shop across the street from where we are staying. Then, an hour later, I've got a telephonic court hearing at the Juvenile Court.

Comments