Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Breakfast Worth Continuing On For

Some of my family members and close friends know that I've been thinking about throwing in the towel in another month or so after coming 1000 miles down the Chesapeake and ICW and then sailing the Bahamas. I've had a lot of mixed feeling about whether I can really cruise a sailboat by myself with two golden retrievers indefinitely. Technically, I can, but in certain other respects, I'm not sure it is something I want to do for a year or more straight. 3 months cruising alone is one thing, a year or more is another thing. Having an end date for the cruise really helps me mentally at this point even if that date is not very cemented. Maybe it would be better to cruise with a mate. On that note, word on the street is that somebody has bought a ticket to West Palm in a little over a week and will be joining me for almost three weeks of Florida and Bahamas cruising. More about that later. As for my long term plans, I don't know. Maybe I will get off the boat after sailing in the Bahamas and maybe we'll continue on. Time will tell. Even when we stop sailing, we'll have to rent a car and get back to Oriental, North Carolina, where the motorhome is stored. Then we might as well do some road touring, perhaps through the Rocky Mountains if its not too late in the season. Who knows? Thankfully we are cruising now and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now and the mornings are getting cooler and the sun is setting earlier and I think we are all enjoying ourselves (and eating well) here on Tropical Dreamer.

Comments