Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Dinging From The North Lake Fort Worth Landing

We had a cool, breezy, comfortable first night anchored in Lake Fort Worth. The wind gen has run since I got here in this great breeze. It doesn't put out much, maybe 15% of our power, but every bit helps. Even Jake wanted to sleep in the cabin with us last night when he usually prefers to sleep on deck. Caught a beautiful sunrise and took the dogs to shore for their morning constitutional. Along the way we met some other cruisers doing the same thing and wound up tagging along to breakfast at this great outdoor cafe that catered to the dogs with bowls of water. These were the sort of classic instantly friendly cruisers I've encountered all to infrequently on the ICW this summer. I'm on the phone today trying to coordinate things before we depart the country. So much still to do after all I've done. We'll do as much as possible but there's always something else that can be done before a cruise and at some point you just have to cast off the lines and go. It's looking like the best window is Monday morning but there is a little tropical activity, remnants of Josephine, that has reemerged southeast of the Bahamas and which is heading north, northwest. It may block our departure and if so we will probably head slowly south until as far as the Ft. Lauderdale inlet, which I read is as far timewise from West End, Great Bahama as West Palm due to the northward push from the gulf stream. We'll be taking it day by day from here. Once I depart, internet will be spotty so be prepared for far less frequent posts.

Comments