Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Celebratory Feast

Yesterday was, among other things, a day of gluttonous eating. Pizza for lunch, grilled shrimp and chicken for dinner. I've been cooking for myself so much over the last 6 months and with the marginal food in the Bahamas, and all the canned food (boat food Rob calls it) I was ready for some American eats. Ate myself into an afternoon nap. Ft. Pierce is a nice town that caters well to boaters. It was pretty busy at the City Marina last night but that didn't keep me up. No, Anne kept me up. I don't know whether it was something she ate or if she got bit by something or if she was sensing something from me, but she threw up in the middle of the night and then couldn't settle herself down for hours. She kept getting up, turning around in circles, laying down, then moving around while laid out. If I left her sight she started whimpering. We took a few walks throughout the night but that didn't help. By morning's light she settled down and now appears fine. I, on the other hand, need to sleep tonight so I can be fresh for the road trip. I'm leaving the dock in a few minutes to drive the boat the short distance to Riverview marina and boat yard. I'll dock there, get the rental car, load up the things I'm taking off the boat, spend the night on the water with the dogs, haul the boat first thing in the morning, and head off. We'll see how that all goes. Should be an exhausting day.

Comments