Atlantic Adventure

04 January 2008
01 January 2008 | Surburbia - Cape Town
26 December 2007
21 December 2007 | 12,5 Deg N; 59,75 Deg W
15 December 2007 | 02,05 Deg N; 45,5 Deg W
07 December 2007 | 08,5 Deg S; 26,25 Deg W
04 December 2007 | 10,53 Deg S; 20,20 Deg W
01 December 2007 | 12,25 Deg S; 16,25 Deg W
27 November 2007 | St Helena
26 November 2007 | St. Helena Island
23 November 2007 | 20,25 Deg S ; 0,8 Deg W
21 November 2007 | 23.19 Deg S 2.47 Deg E
19 November 2007 | 27.01 Deg S 7.4 Deg E
18 November 2007 | 28.3 Deg S; 9.4 Deg E
16 November 2007 | 32,7 Deg S; 16.3 Deg E
13 November 2007 | Cape Town Harbour
12 November 2007 | Cape Town Harbour
10 November 2007 | Cape Town
02 November 2007 | Cape Town
27 October 2007 | Cape Town

Coming together. Eventually

12 November 2007 | Cape Town Harbour
Shaun
After the news that we were not going to depart on Saturday we decided to make the most of a bad situation. Sunday I took the opportunity to take Terry on some more sight seeing. We went down to Boulders Beach to see the penguins. This is the second biggest colony on the Peninsula, the biggest being located on Robben Island. The next stop was Cape Point. The weather was turning nasty so we decided not to walk to the top but rather to take the FUNicular. From the Funicular stop It is a short walk to the top of the hill, a good vantage point to look down at the point and also the location of the ill conceived light house. Ill conceived as this light is covered in mist for a large percentage of time, later another light was constructed lower down which serves those who round the point well. A slow drive from there via Ou-Kaapse Weg (Old Cape Road for the anglophones) put us onto the Blue Route on the way to Tableview. This is the beach which arguably has the best view of Table Mountain, it is the postcard picture most people around the world has come to know. Unfortunately the mountain was covered in cloud or shall I say covered with the Table Cloth as we locals call it.

Monday morning came and the air was filled with anticipation, are we going to get our documentation so that we can set sail? Well the morning came and went whilst we continued to do some last minute adjustments and provisioning of the boat. By midday we still had no news and decided to do some shopping. I needed to make some arrangements around the safe parking cars and getting Che sorted for lifts and other issues. A very kind friend of ours has agreed to stay with Che for the approximate six weeks we will be away. He is retired and I am sure he has forgotten what it like to have teenagers, why else would he agree? We are please that CHe is in good hands and hopefully this experience will serve him well.

In the meanwhile news reached John that the bureaucracy had put our documents through the mill and it was ready for collection. As you can imagine there was lots of excitement. Unfortunately this was short lived as we were unable to clear out of the yacht club, more bureaucracy. No clearing documents are handled after 3pm, without the club clearing us out, the habour won't give us clearance to go nor can we check out of the country with customs and immigration.

So here we are held up one more night, however we see no potential hold ups for tomorrow. So the plan is to clear out with the club early tomorrow and depart once all the paper work is done. In order to ensure a really early start we all decided to sleep on board tonight and this is probably the first of many a blog entry I will be writing in my bunk.

Good and sweet dreams.

New Photos added.
Comments
Vessel Name: Leopard 46
Vessel Make/Model: Robertson and Caine 46ft Catamaran
Hailing Port: Cape Town
About: We have many interest particularly those with an outdoor flavour such as hiking, birding, camping, traveling. Shaun has had a long interest in sailing and all things marine.
Extra: free counters

The Overmeyer's

Port: Cape Town