Life aboard Leprechaun

Cruising towards our dream, in search of the pot o'gold

19 July 2012 | Bayfield and Twin Cities
13 July 2012 | Houghton, MI
12 July 2012 | Outer Keweenaw, MI
11 July 2012 | Marquette, MI
10 July 2012 | Munising, MI
09 July 2012 | Grand Marais, MI
08 July 2012 | Whitefish Point
06 July 2012 | Sault Ste. Marie, MI
05 July 2012 | DeTour Village, MI
04 July 2012 | Roger City, MI
03 July 2012 | Presque Isle, MI
02 July 2012 | Harrisville, MI
01 July 2012 | East Tawas, MI
30 June 2012 | Harbor Beach, MI
29 June 2012 | Port Sanilac, MI
28 June 2012 | Lake St. Clair, MI
27 June 2012 | Lake St. Clair, MI
26 June 2012 | Grosse Ile, MI
25 June 2012 | Put in Bay, OH
23 June 2012

Goodbye, Chesapeake Bay

07 June 2012 | Youngstown, OH
John and Cheryl
Cheryl's Notes:

Today we said goodbye to the Chesapeake. It was a bittersweet moment. We are really going to miss the beautiful anchorages and the great cruising community. Leprechaun was loaded on the truck by about 9:30. Our driver took great care in blocking the boat and we would recommend Lockport Marine and Transport to anyone. (He just delivered a boat for Tiger Woods last week. The picture was great.) We were finally ready to roll about 12:20. It was hard to say goodbye to Gary and the gang at Coan River Marina. They have become like family, and they took such good care of Leprechaun for us.

We finally pulled off the road to eat and get some sleep. The driver was not going to be able drive past 8:00 pm. We settled in and booted up our computers. We had a surprise email with a picture of our boat going up I95. It was taken by another Catalina 36 owner who saw Leprechaun drive past going 56 knots (65mph).

John's Notes:

Mixed emotions today. We have spent so much time on the Chesapeake that it feels like our home cruising grounds. If we win the lottery I think we will always keep a boat there and another in Bayfield. It is such a beautiful place and the anchorages are awesome. Looking back, we must have spent almost 200 days on the Bay. Along with the anchorages, the memory of the unique people that we have met will be with us for a lifetime.

The picture we are posting today was taken by another Catalina owner. It was taken just outside of Fredericksburg, VA.

We have written the final page in another chapter of "The Book of Leprechaun." Here's to looking forward to writing a few more chapters. Some of you have indicated that you have enjoyed reading about how we have lived our life for the last few years. That, however, pales in comparison to LIVING it.
Comments
Vessel Name: Leprechaun
Vessel Make/Model: 1999 Catalina 36mkII
Hailing Port: Bayfield, WI
Crew: John and Cheryl
About: John grew up in San Francisco and received his first boat for his seventh birthday. He has owned a boat since that day. His father and grandfather were both ship captains. His dream has always been to live on the water and travel to new places and spend his retirement years cruising.
Extra:
Cheryl started dating John ten years ago. On their third date he uttered the words that would change her life forever. "Did I mention that I own a boat?" She fell in love with John and her love of sailing quickly followed. When he mentioned his retirement dreams, she was the first to say "Let's [...]

The Crew

Who: John and Cheryl
Port: Bayfield, WI