SV Lequesteau's Quest

02 February 2017 | Mount Hartman, Grenada
14 January 2017 | St. George's Grenada
14 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
14 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
18 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
14 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
04 August 2015 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
26 July 2015 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
19 July 2015 | St. Maarten
17 July 2015 | St. Maarten
12 July 2015 | St. Maarten
11 July 2015 | St. Maarten
07 July 2015 | St. Maarten

Newbies at Camp Grenada

08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
Caroline Carroll, Sunny and damn hot!
After lunch, on our day of arrival, our first order of business was to get cleared in. A big shout out goes out to Liz-Ann on Lagniappe for looking after us. We picked her up at her boat and she took us on a 15 minute walk over hill and dale over to Prickly Bay to the customs house. Without her, I am sure we would still be walking around the island. She had also drawn out a map with some landmarks on it, so we could try it by ourselves next time. After our little walk, we went back to our boat for a sorely needed nap but we were up and raring to go for happy hour at 1700. 3 beers for $12 EC, not Lagoonies prices, but it was wonderful to be back among friends to share happy hour with. We also met many other cruisers that night. This is going to be a fun place.

After a couple of beers, we were ready to tap out. It had been a long two days. We slept like the dead, even though it is hotter than the hobs of H E double hockey sticks. The next morning we were off and running. A coffee, a quick shower at the marina, and on the dock for 0900 to catch the "grocery bus". This reminded me of my college days trying to see how many people you can stuff into a car. Glad I had a shower before we started this adventure. Once the bus (read van) was packed, we went to the bank. Everyone off of the bus. Get money. Everyone back on the bus. Go to the IGA. Everyone off of the bus. Get groceries and cell phone card in one hour. Everyone get on the bus. Go to veggie market. Everyone get off of the bus. By veggies in 10 minutes with 20 other people in one tiny store. Everyone get on the bus. Go to the cash and carry. Everyone off of the bus. Buy beer. Find room for all the purchases. Everyone back on the bus and wait for the last straggler, meanwhile sweating like crazy. Everyone accounted for back to the marina. Woooo! What a morning, I thought we were here to relax.

We stayed onboard for the afternoon and dinner. After dinner, Greg and LizAnn from Lagniappe came over with a gift of champagne and chocolate to celebrate our arrival. Thank you so much guys. It is wonderful to be back among friends!
Comments
Vessel Name: Lequesteau
Vessel Make/Model: Niagara 42
Hailing Port: Toronto/Halifax
Crew: Greig and Caroline Carroll
About: We are retired Royal Canadian Navy sailors who have been working towards "The Dream" for a long time. It is now a reality.
Social:

SV Lequesteau

Who: Greig and Caroline Carroll
Port: Toronto/Halifax