SV Lequesteau's Quest

02 February 2017 | Mount Hartman, Grenada
14 January 2017 | St. George's Grenada
14 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
14 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
08 November 2016 | Clark's Court Grenada
18 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
14 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
08 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
04 August 2015 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
26 July 2015 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
19 July 2015 | St. Maarten
17 July 2015 | St. Maarten
12 July 2015 | St. Maarten
11 July 2015 | St. Maarten
07 July 2015 | St. Maarten

Aren't you going to be bored?

18 August 2015 | Hartman Bay, Grenada
Caroline Carroll, Sunny and damn hot!
When you tell folks, that you are going to spend hurricane season in one place for several months, the first question people ask is, “Aren’t you going to be bored?” Are you kidding me? Grenada is a great big summer day camp for grown ups. There are so many activities and things to do, you have to choose one over the other, as you cannot do it all.

Mondays: Yoga at 0830, Dominoes at 1400, Texas Holdem’ at 1500.
Tuesdays: Tai Chi at 0830, Grocery bus at 0930, Volley Ball at 1500.
Wednesdays: Noodling (Aquafit) at 0830, Dominoes at 1400, Bingo at 2000
Thursdays: Yoga at 0830, Movie and Pizza night at 1800
Fridays: Tai Chi at 0830, Concert at the Museum at 1500
Saturdays: Yoga at 0830, Shopping bus at 0930, Hash (a run/walk for many miles up and down mountains, with a party at the end) at 1330
Sundays: Rest and maybe get a few boat jobs done. Oh, but wait, did you say dominoes at 1400?

All of these activities are fun and we have had the opportunity to meet many other cruisers, even in other bays.

We did our first hash on Saturday. We all climbed in a van with 11 other people, and drove two hours up to St. Patrick’s at the top of the island. When we arrived we had to register and we were identified as “virgins”. They went over the rules and then we were off. Down the beach, up the hill, through the woods, slipping and sliding in the mud, all the while yelling out “ON ON”. Every once in a while we would take a wrong turn, so we had to yell out “ON BACK”. Once we got to the top “Grandad” was there to meet us with our choice of a water or a beer. Not much of a choice, guess what Greig and I chose. After a quick rest, we were “ON ON” again, this time slip sliding back down the mountain. There were lots who ran, but I am glad to report that I was in good company with lots of other walkers. We finally got to the end, hot and sweaty and quite proud of ourselves. They called all of us newbies together to give us our loss of virginity certificates, and they celebrated this by spraying beer all over us. A couple of people had to drink out of the naughty, spotty, potty (I’m not sure what was in it) for picking fruit along the way. This is a violation of the Grenada Hash House Harrier’s rules. We had a few more beers and a BBQ for dinner. On the way back, it was a little smellier in the van, with the addition of sweat and beer, but everyone was in great spirits.

The following morning, we felt fine, but the day after that…not so much and there were a few sore muscles. We will be doing it again next Saturday along with all of the other activities…”ON ON”.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lequesteau
Vessel Make/Model: Niagara 42
Hailing Port: Toronto/Halifax
Crew: Greig and Caroline Carroll
About: We are retired Royal Canadian Navy sailors who have been working towards "The Dream" for a long time. It is now a reality.
Social:

SV Lequesteau

Who: Greig and Caroline Carroll
Port: Toronto/Halifax