LeuCat Adventures

Join us in sharing our adventures as we sail around the world. NEW!!************************************************************************* GET A COPY OF OUR TECHNO-TIPS DOCUMENTS--JUST CLICK ON THEM UNDER THE "FAVORITES" HEADING ON THE RIGHT

24 September 2017
30 August 2017 | San Francisco, CA
02 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
01 July 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
30 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
29 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
28 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
27 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
26 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
25 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
24 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
22 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
21 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
20 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
18 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
17 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
16 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten
15 June 2017 | Simpson Bay Marina, Cole Bay, Sint Maarten

Year 6 January: Brother and Sister

03 January 2013 | Bellingham, Washington, USA
Mary Margaret/Mostly Sunny And Cold
We left Tucson to fly up to Washington to see Dave’s brother Don and his sister Doti. We have not seen Doti for more than seven years. We did visit Don and his wife Debbie last year in Connecticut. They happened to be out in Washington for a bit of vacation on their motor vessel Change of Latitude. Being cruisers we jumped at the chance to travel with them on their boat, visit with them AND see and visit Doti as well! A THREE-Fer!!
We spent our first two days shopping and getting the boat ready for a cruise as well as visiting Doti. It was great seeing her again. She is Dave’s older sister and does not travel so it had been a while since we have seen her. We spent a couple of evenings together talking and enjoying each other’s company. We laughed a lot and shared future plans with each other.
Then on December 30 we left the dock in Bellingham to head out to Roache Harbor, San Juan Island and the famous McMillan Room. This was going to be a “foodies paradise cruise”! The restaurant has the BEST food and we loved it! The cruise to Roache Harbor was wonderful. Their boat is so beautiful (Dave will post pictures). Being a motor vessel we were not sure what the noise level would be. I am happy to report that it is very quite! We hardly even notice it. We had great weather (it was VERY cold 35degrees) but it was clear and crisp. Being with Don and Debbie has been so much fun. Our children are the same age, we have 42 years of friendship (Debbie and I)and we love cruising! We have had LOTS to talk about!
The next day we left Roache Harbor and went to Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island. This was a wilderness harbor so we did not have electricity but were so snug on the boat. Don made homemade New England clam chowder. It was to die for!!!! Then for our New Year’s Eve dinner, the men grilled steak and we women made salad and mushroom sauce. This cruise was putting the pounds on me! It was all too good. For New Year’s Eve we watched the ball drop (on cruiser time 9:00pm since we were on the Pacific coast and CNN was televising from New York City). We wished each other love and good health for the New Year and went to bed!
New Years day we headed out to Coupeville on Whidbey Island. On the way we watched Michigan lose a TRAGIC game to South Carolina.  I’m just sayin‘ the refs may need to go back to school. Just sayin’! Don and Debbie have a TV so we did watch a few other games of football. To drown our sorrows, we went to an amazing mussels restaurant called Front Street Grill. We had the best mussels I have ever had. I had mussels Rockefeller. I expected them to be like Oysters Rockefeller but they were not! It (the mussels) was in a broth but made of the same ingredients. It was super!!
Today we are heading toward Pleasant Bay near Chuckanut Bay. Once again, it is more rustic and we will make gourmet food on board. We discovered a game on board called Blockus. Dave and I have been playing it and it is a wonderful strategy game. Dave keeps on winning the majority of the games but I still love it. This trip has been so much fun and we are so grateful that Don and Debbie could share it with us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Leu Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Dana Point, CA
Crew: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
About: Our goals are to spend the next 10 to 15 years cruising around the world and sharing this adventure with family and friends.
Extra: S/V Leu Cat is Lagoon 440 rigged for blue water sailing. It is 44 feet long with a 25 foot beam
Social:
Leu Cat's Photos - (Main)
1 Photo
Created 27 February 2017
Wedding and Reception photos April 18, 2015, Yosemite, CA
49 Photos
Created 30 April 2015
Here are some pics that I took while visiting w/ my parents in the Galapagos Islands
22 Photos
Created 29 March 2010
Our Photos of this very magically place
94 Photos
Created 21 September 2009
1 Photo | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 1 April 2009
A tour of St. Kitts that Mary Margaret and I did
75 Photos
Created 7 May 2008
1 Photo
Created 25 March 2008
Pictures of the sea life in the cut between Little Jost Van Dyke and Green Cay, BVI
30 Photos
Created 17 March 2008
Here are a number of pictures of St. Maarten and the places we visited
36 Photos
Created 21 January 2008
Photos of Nanny Cay
6 Photos
Created 11 January 2008
Join us as we explore the Spanish, American, and British Virgin Ilsands.
15 Photos
Created 20 October 2007
To help get you ready to go sailing with us, we wish to introduce you to Leu Cat so you will know what to expect when you get here! Just click on the first photo and then use the "next" button to advance through this slide show.
19 Photos
Created 19 October 2007
This is a collection of photos documenting our sail through the Windward Islands during May/June 2006 with our son, David Paul.
62 Photos
Created 14 October 2007

Who: Mary Margaret and Dave Leu
Port: Dana Point, CA