Ready to leave
09 July 2011 | St. John's, Newport
Libellule looking nice and clean after having spent over two weeks with Yves.
And finally, everyone is back on board, despite several delayed flights...
The crew is multinational as usual: Yves, Sylvain, Gonzalo and Philipp (F, E, CH). Everyone is itchy to get going, so everything is ready for the next leg.
Except for the weather: a big trough (35 Kn headwinds) is announced to come through later today and tomorrow, and so we decided to postpone the estimated departure time to tomorrow Sunday evening 20:00 LTC.
The next leg: Newfoundland-Greenland. Final destination in Greenland not clear yet, depending on development of pack ice along the SSW tip of Greenland, we will either head to Narssaq (900 Nm) or to Nuuk (1200 Nm), to be decided once we approach Southern Greenland and had a chance to study the most recent ice maps.