In 2 years around the Atlantic
02 September 2011
Our dear Libellule left La Rochelle in May 2009 to circumvent the Atlantic and arrived back at la Rochelle on Aug 31, 2011.
Overall, during those 2.5 years she has sailed 14,732 nautical miles (appr 27,000 km). The trip took her from La Rochelle
- around Portugal via Gibraltar to Valencia and Ibiza
- then back out of the Mediterranean to Lanzarote
- 3,000 Nm over the Atlantic to Trinidad and Tobago
- across the Caribbean (Grenada, St Vincent, St Lucia, Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Antigua, Nevis, Saba, St Barth, St Martin, Anguilla, BVI, USVI, Puerto Rico, Rep Dom, Turks&Caicos, Cuba, Bahamas)
- up the US East Coast (Ft Lauderdale, New York, Newport)
- on a very wet and foggy leg to Newfoundland
- to the ice and the fjords of an incredibly beautiful Greenland
- and back home via Reykjavik, Hebrides/Scotland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly to Oléron and La Rochelle.
It was an amazing and unforgettable trip for the whole family.
Thank you, Libellule, for taking us across the oceans! And see you soon!