Kevin's Blog

19 August 2009
Kevin
Hello,
It's Kevin. Yesterday wasn't such a good day. Mike felled into the dirty Hudson River, I flipped off of Sharon's bicycle, I had a headache and there was a thunderstorm. Ridding in the dingy and the water fight was good. We went to the fuel dock to get gas and was treated with sodas. When we got back, we rode our bikes down the ramp of the dock. That's when I fell. Josh, another crew member, was riding down behind me and the front wheel of his bike hit my back wheel and steer, uncontrollably, towards the railing. When my front wheel hit the railing, the bike, with me, flipped forward. I landed on the bottom of the ramp with the bicycle on top of me. At least I only walked away with a scraped knee and some bruises. Nurse Ruth and Nurse Sharon treated me. Then we went back out. We got to see the cigarette boat that was wrecked by a barge. We also got to explore the outermost part of the docks. We had a water fight. Mike was taking a seaman shower and he had soap in his eyes with a bucket on his head, Josh put the bucket on his head. He started to walk and fell in the water! He had to take another seaman shower. Later on, we got a tour of the Margaret and Deep Therapy. They were nice. Then, we took a seaman shower. After about two hours of sleep, Phillip open up our hatch and screamed, "all hands on deck!!" we ran outside and the rain was blistering. The shear coldness of the rain slammed against our body as we closed and covered all the hatches. After the that, I slept great that night.
There is said to be another storm later this Wednesday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Liberty Schooner
Vessel Make/Model: 78' Steel Schooner
Hailing Port: New York
About: Philip and Sharon are committed to life transformation. Our vision for the Liberty Schooner is to create a unique learning environment as a catalyst for a life transforming experience. We want people to develop to their full potential.
Extra: Our Leadership Coaching and Sail Training programs realize positive life change for leaders and teams in such a way that they increase their effectiveness and influence in every area of their lives, in the office and at home.
Home Page: http://www.libertyschooner.com

Leadership Development &Team Building aboard the schooner Liberty

Port: New York