Lilliputian

Cruising aboard the trawler and meandering south. Hope to see you out there.

07 April 2020
03 April 2020
03 April 2020
02 April 2020
31 March 2020
23 March 2020
23 March 2020
22 March 2020
21 March 2020
20 March 2020
17 March 2020
14 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020 | White Point, Great Guana Cay Exuma
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
06 March 2020 | Little Bay, Great Guana Cay Exuma
05 March 2020 | Blackpoint

Sharks

29 April 2010 | Exuma Park
Deb
I know its been a while since I updated the blog but we haven't had internet access. We have spent the last month between Blackpoint, Staniel Cay and Cambridge Cay in Exuma park. After spending Easter at Blackpoint we moved to Big Major spot near Staniel. We ended up staying there for a week due to east winds 30+ but had a good time while there. We did some snorkeling, hunted for sand dollars, had a couple of beach happy hours and even had conch horn blowing lessons (thanks to George and Leo on Shenandoah for making the horns for us).
Bob and Diane (Two of a Kind) were anchored nearby and we spent lots of time with them eating, drinking and playing games. They even tried to teach us to play euchre (its a midwest thing). Unfortunately Bob got stuck with a dud partner (me) who couldn't remember the rules but it was fun anyway. We then moved to Cambridge Cay and took a mooring because the wind went west. We snorkeled the sea aquarium, rode around Johnny Depps Island but didn't see him and spent more time with Two of a Kind. We went back to Staniel Cay for a few days for groceries and happy hour at the yacht club. Then as usual the wind went west again so it was back to Cambridge for a few days. We thought spring was here and these fronts would stop but so far they still seem to keep coming. We are now back in Blackpoint until another front comes and we have to run again. Not much more to update you on. I've mostly been taking it easy due to a shark related dive injury (well sort of). We were snorkeling and I saw a shark. It turned out to be a harmless nurse shark but I wasn't sticking around long enough to see. We had seen several big bull sharks in the area, some idiot on a boat next to us was feeding them. In my hurry to get into the dinghy I slipped and twisted my back. Later that night I ended up in pain. I think I pinched a nerve so I've been taking it easy ( a good excuse to be lazy). So you see it was a shark related accident, not an "I'm so clumsy I can't get into the dinghy without falling" accident. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
We will probably spend a few more weeks here and then head back to Florida sometime mid May and back to LA early June depending on weather.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lilliputian
Vessel Make/Model: 49 Marine Trader Custom Pilothouse
Hailing Port: Louisiana
Crew: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
About: David and Deb purchased their first boat together before they were even married! Thirty plus years and son Nicholas later and they are still at it! Having just switched from a Gulfstar 50 Ketch that was home for 22 years to a trawler is the focus of this new adventure.
Extra: Totally Retired!!! Now just hanging out on the boat and going back and forth to the Bahamas.. Say hello if you see us!

The Lilliputians

Who: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
Port: Louisiana