Lilliputian

Cruising aboard the trawler and meandering south. Hope to see you out there.

07 April 2020
03 April 2020
03 April 2020
02 April 2020
31 March 2020
23 March 2020
23 March 2020
22 March 2020
21 March 2020
20 March 2020
17 March 2020
14 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020
10 March 2020 | White Point, Great Guana Cay Exuma
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
07 March 2020
06 March 2020 | Little Bay, Great Guana Cay Exuma
05 March 2020 | Blackpoint

Fun in Georgetown

21 April 2018
Our social calendar has been full since we arrived in Georgetown. Have spent time with old friends from previous years and made new friends. We have been spending a lot of time at the beach and in the water since the weather has gotten pretty hot. In the mid to upper 80's most days. We have taken a lot of hikes around Stocking Island and have had several happy hours both at the beach and at different boats.

We have become friends with a Canadian couple, Colin and Catherine. She is a jewelry maker and makes beautiful glass bead earrings, necklaces and bracelets out of beads she creates herself and sells in her online store. She brought a few samples for people to see and had a group of us ladies over last Friday morning for a jewelry viewing party. The guys hung out at Chat n Chill while we had our chick time and then we joined them for lunch.

On Saturday we attended a dance with a Bahamian band at Lumina Point, a nice resort that has a beautiful open air restaurant with a great view of the harbor. We even dressed nice for a change instead of our customary shorts and t shirts.

Monday night we had a farewell dinner on Flying Saucer, they are leaving the harbor soon. We were joined by Lodestar. We had a great dinner of chicken parm and even had dessert, coconut crepes topped with oranges marinated in rum and topped with melted chocolate. Yum. What a great time.

On Tuesday night we hosted a red bean party at our boat(more on that in my next blog).

We met a really nice British lady, Katherine, who lives here in Georgetown. We met through our friend Dennis. On Thursday she volunteered to drive us around the island to see the sights. We drove to the south end of Great Exuma and then on down to Little Exuma. We visited the Tropic of Cancer beach, the Salt Pillar and Salt ponds,then had lunch at Tropic Breeze restaurant. We also made stops at Santanas restaurant for drinks, Mom's bakery for some rum cake, then back to Gtown with a stop at February Point for Pina Coladas and a final stop at Two Turtles for another Pina Colada followed by dinner at Peace and Plenty. We really appreciated her doing this for us.

On Friday we finally caught up with our old friends Bob and Dianne on Two of a Kind. We took a morning hike followed by a swim and a late afternoon happy hour on their boat.

There was a pot luck on the beach today but we were just too tired to go. Can you believe we would skip a party! We just thought we needed a day to rest since regatta starts Monday and that means lots more activities.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lilliputian
Vessel Make/Model: 49 Marine Trader Custom Pilothouse
Hailing Port: Louisiana
Crew: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
About: David and Deb purchased their first boat together before they were even married! Thirty plus years and son Nicholas later and they are still at it! Having just switched from a Gulfstar 50 Ketch that was home for 22 years to a trawler is the focus of this new adventure.
Extra: Totally Retired!!! Now just hanging out on the boat and going back and forth to the Bahamas.. Say hello if you see us!

The Lilliputians

Who: David, Deb, and Nicholas (sometimes when he wants to fish or dive...LoL)
Port: Louisiana