Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Melbourne Beach FL

13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
Jill / beautiful and sunny days in the mid 80's
It's hard to believe we've traveled over 1100 miles in a little over a month. The views and sights along the way have been incredible! We've enjoyed so many great times with Bud and Jen, along with the many other friends we've met throughout our trip!!

Our views have changed from marshes to mangroves, majestic Norfolk Island Pine trees, and a wonderful variety of palm trees! Every day we get excited as we watch the many dolphins jumping and surfacing, especially when they swim with us along the bow of our boat. It's also pretty cool to watch pelicans and other birds take a nose dive into the water to catch a fish. We're now starting to see more manatees, which is always a thrill!

Earlier in the week, we anchored near Daytona Beach. Our friends Bob and Alice were vacationing near Orlando, so they drove several hours to visit with us. Tom rode along in our dinghy and we all enjoyed a delicious picnic under a pavilion in the dog park on Manatee Island Park. Fun day with our friends!

Cruisers that we met in St Augustine anchored near us in Daytona Beach, so Dave and Mary from s/v Wandering Rose, dinghied over to our mini raftup and joined us for dinner and a fun game of Farkle! We meet the nicest people on these trips!!

During our trip from Daytona Beach to Titusville, we enjoyed a wonderful SAIL on Indian River side by side with s/v SeaQuest while watching the tall buildings of the NASA Space Shuttle. It was an awesome day – watching dolphins, seeing manatees, and SAILING with our friends!!

On Wednesday, we motor sailed to Melbourne Beach to visit with friends of Bud and Jen. It's pretty shallow at places and off the beaten path, so Jimmy and Maureen came out in their power boat to lead us thru mangrove islands. It was so beautiful as we motored thru the mangroves!! Their home is on a canal with enough room for s/v Links to raft to s/v SeaQuest at their dock. Their home is gorgeous with a lanai over their swimming pool. Needless to say, it was wonderful to lounge around the pool without the pesky no-see-ums biting our legs. Tim and I took a dinghy ride though the mangroves and canals and rode their bikes to Sebastian Inlet. We all went out for a delicious rib dinner while listening to bluegrass music, and last evening we enjoyed a delicious buffet in their air conditioned house. Mullet Creek is the name of the creek where we're docked, which is very appropriate. At night and early in the morning, the mullet fish make such a racket with jumping out of the water and even landing on our boats, while apparently being chased by larger fish. Very cool to hear and see!!

We have had such a great time with Jimmy and Maureen!! It will be hard to leave, but our next stop is Vero Beach, which is one of our favorite places to visit.
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD