Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Southwest Florida

17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
Jill / beautiful sunny morning
As much as we enjoyed our time in Marathon with good friends and the Boot Key Harbor community, it was nice to travel again, especially along the uninhabited, primitive and scenic islands along the Everglades National Park and the Ten Thousand Islands. We weren't crazy about the army of mosquitoes that swarmed our boats from dusk to dawn, but we enjoyed seeing pink flamingos perched in the mangroves. It's always exciting to watch pods of dolphins jump and swim, especially when two or more dolphins swim at our bow between our hulls as we travel along the water. Awesome!

We were blessed with perfect weather to enjoy some great sailing, wonderful anchorages, and incredibly gorgeous scenery along the Ten Thousand Islands. Some of our most memorable days were at anchor near New Turkey Key and Panther Key, where we were surrounded by islands and mangroves. It was great to explore the area by dinghy and walk along the sandy beaches looking for beautiful seashells. One day we enjoyed a picnic on the beach with fresh catfish and hot dogs cooked in a fire pit that Bud built in the sand. That evening we wondered if the day could get any better. Just then, three dolphins jumped out of the water multiple times and put on a show for us as they sped past our boat. Wow, best day ever!

Our next anchorage was in Smokehouse Bay to visit Marco Island, followed by mooring fields in Naples and Fort Myers Beach, staying four days in each port. It was great to visit each area by walking, biking, or exploring by dinghy. There are some exquisite homes and shops in Marco Island and Naples along with beautiful parks and beaches.

While we were in Fort Myers Beach, several friends of Bud and Jen came for a visit. Jack and Irene arrived on m/v Coconuts and Danny arrived by car. On Saturday we beached our 3 dinghies at Bowditch Point Park and enjoyed a relaxing picnic lunch on the sandy beach. On Sunday Tim and I enjoyed a nice walk on a nature trail after church and a chinese lunch buffet. In the evening we all watched the sunset from Jack and Irene's boat that was docked near our mooring balls. What a great weekend!

Yesterday we enjoyed a very pleasant sail on Pine Island Sound before rafting to s/v SeaQuest with Bud and Jen in Pelican Bay at Cayo Costa State Park, one of our favorite anchorages. In the afternoon, Jack and Irene arrived on m/v Cat Burglar, their speed boat, who also rafted to s/v SeaQuest for a couple of hours. What a great day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD