Sailing aboard Links

04 January 2017 | Vero Beach, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach FL
22 November 2016 | Vero Beach City Marina mooring field
01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
01 July 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fatham Adonia cruise ship
26 April 2016 | Okeechobee Waterway
20 March 2016 | Cayo Costa to/from Clearwater Beach
17 February 2016 | Along the Gulf of Mexico
30 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
13 January 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
24 December 2015 | Vaca Key
19 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
08 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
02 December 2015 | Marathon Marina
01 December 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
27 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
23 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
22 November 2015 | Tarpon Basin at Key Largo
18 November 2015 | Peck Lake
13 November 2015 | Mullet Creek
07 November 2015 | San Marcos mooring field of St Augustine Municipal Marina

Damajaqua Waterfalls in the Dominican Republic

01 November 2016 | Puerto Plato aboard Fathom Adonia Cruise Ship
Jill / rainy and sunny and just beautiful
After being away from our boat for 4 months in the summer, it was time to drive back and get our boat ready for cruising around Florida this winter. There were a few things on the boat that needed fixed and cleaned, but guess that's pretty typical.

Before we left home, Tim was watching for a good deal on cruises, and we were able to book a 7 day cruise out of Miami FL to the Dominican Republic aboard the Fathom Adonia cruise ship. This was the same cruise that we took in June that we enjoyed so much so we knew what to expect.

What an amazing week, in spite of the daily rain showers! On the ship, at port, and at the impact activities, it was so cool to see and hug the staff and guides and locals that we met on our earlier cruise. They're just like family! We saw so many beautiful places, volunteered at several impact activities again, got spoiled by our waiter Andrew, and met fellow travelers who have become our friends. We even rented a cab with Lori and Cathy to visit Damajaqua Waterfalls where we hiked and slid down 12 waterfalls. Oh my gosh, it was so much fun!!

With Fathom, you have the opportunity to volunteer your time alongside Dominican Republic locals in a variety of impact activities. It's as meaningful to us as it is to them! The Adonia is a smaller cruise ship, so it's easy to meet and get to know your fellow travelers during your Cohort Groups and various classes, at the pool and hot tub, at the buffet or in the dining room, or walking around the ship. Needless to say, we're looking forward to cruising with Fathom Adonia to the Dominican Republic again in the future!

Feel free to click the link along the right side to see our many photos of our Cruise to the Dominican Republic.

We're now back on our own boat and getting ready to cruise around Florida this winter. :)
Comments
Vessel Name: Links
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105Mc, Sailing Catamaran
Hailing Port: Taylors Island MD
Crew: Tim and Jill
About: We enjoy sailing and cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and the Delmarva Peninsula on our sailing vessel named Links. Every other year we become snowbirds and spend winters in Florida. We visit wonderful places and meet friendly people everywhere we travel. Life is good!
Extra: It's as much about the journey as it is the destination!

Profile for S/V Links

Who: Tim and Jill
Port: Taylors Island MD