Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

A LONG TIME AGO WE HAD A BOAT

In 2002 Susan and I had enough. I was jobless and the boat was not being used and it was coming down to "KEEPING THE BOAT, OR KEEPING THE HOUSE". We had owned our 33' Carver, SUSAN ANNE, for 11 years. We had great times on her and had great memories. She was just being neglected. We had cruising friends, power and sail, that said come aboard and crew for them. We mainly crewed a 41' Jeanneau. Great boat and we went to many of our favorite spots on the Chesapeake Bay with our friends. I also helped out a few other power boaters too. Fishing some and instructing how to operate twin engine boats. I kept my skills.
Yet Susan and I yearned for another boat. We knew it should be a trawler. So, we started searching and searching and visiting boats. We fell in love with the Albin line. In fact, we almost bought a terribly neglected 36. We just felt sorry for it. But, someone else bought it out from under us. (Some crazy broker negotiations.) It was our luck because we found a much less neglected 36 Albin Double Cabin that we purchased October 15, 2009 in Portsmouth, VA. We have named our boat LIQUID THERAPY because that's what it feels like. Boating is liquid therapy.


Comments