Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Fernandina Harbor Marina to Jacksonville, FL

9:40 AM underway
3:31 PM Palm Cove Marina
31 miles 4.9 engine hours

Wow, I was hot driving with the sun beaming down on me all day long. Glare was constantly in my eyes and I got heat exhausted. What a difference from being chilly driving 2 days ago and now being HOT. We had planned on anchoring out. But, I decided I wanted to pull in and change oil tomorrow and some other maintenance.
Susan found this marina, very close to Publix, Target, West Marine, Walmart. That was where we headed. After we docked we found out that Walmart and Target had moved 3 miles away. Publix was, however, our main objective. Walking the few blocks was very challenging as it was 5 PM and the 6 lanes of traffic were not like crossing a street in many of the small towns we have visited. We made it into the median and felt like we were in no mans land. As we crossed safely into the Publix parking lot, I was already thinking that getting back across with groceries in hand was not going to be fun. It wasn’t fun with two heavy bags, but we made it! In retrospect, we should have taken UBER just to cross the street!! I tried for some time to cross another 4 lanes to West Marine, but gave up as it was impossible. Positive thinking: last trip, four years ago, we went three weeks without being able to get to a grocery store! After undergoing all of this dangerous stress, our reward was getting ‘home’ with all needed groceries and then enjoying a calm dinner aboard! Tomorrow will be a work day for us both: Suz will defrost fridge and freezer and do more laundry, and I will change oil as well as do other general maintenance.

Today’s picture is a barge with a SUV, a utility trailer and some kind of tank or barbecue being pushed not by a typical push boat.


Comments