Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 55 Monday, December 14, 2015

Passage - Anchorage Rockhouse Creek, New Smyrna, Fl to Titusville Marina
9:12 AM Underway
2:31 PM Docked D153 Titusville Marina
37 miles 6.3 engine hours

We enjoyed the anchorage for the night so much we considered just staying there. However we need to move on toward Miami. We figured we would just go toward Cocoa as I really want to stop there and anchor. The predicted 5-10 MPH wind was blowing 17-21MPH. I didn’t want to anchor in that much wind so we opted for taking a slip at Titusville Marina.
Today’s navigation was interesting with some very long and narrow waters, some with 7 mile stretches on the same course. This was a very good exercise for the autopilot: selecting a point 7 miles away and telling the autopilot to go to that point. We had lots of wind pushing the boat out of the channel yet the autopilot kept us in the narrow channels very well!

This passage showed us some pieces of ‘space’ history: antennas, giant buildings of NASA at Cape Canaveral and a passage through the railroad bridge which transported the giant rockets in to the launch area! We will visit NASA on our way back to Virginia. I really want to have time to go the Space Center and not be rushed. I might try to time our trip with a launch date. That would be very cool! Always wanted to see the space shuttle launch. Too late for that. But, NASA launches other non-manned flights. I still feel embarrassed as an American that our astronauts have to hitch rides into space with the Russians. Yep, we shut down the space shuttle without having a replacement.

We had cocktails aboard “Gold Leaf” a trawler we had met in Swansboro. Susan talked all things with Glenda and I spoke about all things with Carl. Glenda and Carl had done The Great Loop ( http://www.greatloop.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=574480&module_id=192093 )and that is a HUGE accomplishment. Suz and I think we will stay on the east coast.

Today’s picture is one of the tiny islands along the way. I always think how much fun it would be to have a stilt house on one of these little islands.


Comments