Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 56 Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Passage - Titusville Marina to Cocoa Village Marina
9:48 AM Underway
12:49 PM Docked Cocoa Village Marina
21 miles 3.9 engine hours

Yesterday’s destination of Cocoa Village Marina had been on my mind since before we left Mathews, VA. There is the coolest hardware store in Cocoa called Travis Hardware. It actually began as a barge that moved around on the water in the mid 1800’s to first serve its customers! We were told last visit here that the old barge was sunk and is part of the present building’s foundation! This place is two dusty floors AND two buildings connected in one place with a cat walk! I’m not sure there is a more extensive hardware store in the US. To look at Travis Hardware, visit http://www.travishardware.net/#/history/4545252553 They have the largest sockets I’ve ever seen - still sell wood cook stoves, wagon wheels for horse buggies, every plumbing fitting ever manufactured. I only bought a large straw hat and a large wall plate cover for the replacement duplex socket I’m installing. Susan was even entertained in there!
We walked around the Old Town area of Cocoa to some of the shops and found a highly recommended pizza place for dinner later. We’ve not had pizza on our trip and it just sounded good! After pizza ‘early to bed and early to rise’, as the old saying goes. Nitols, as Lindsey says!
Today’s picture is US taken by Glenda from trawler “Gold Leaf” THANKS!


Comments