Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 131 Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bayside Marina, Islamorada, FL
Jonathan came to visit yesterday morning for our last weekend in the Keys. We had quite accidentally found out that the annual Islamorada Garden Walk was Saturday. Jonathan and Eric have created a lovely, tropical setting around their home in Miami, and are constantly adding to it, for privacy as well as beauty. It was a lot of fun touring the gardens of three nice homes with the tropical flora. One home even decided to install artificial grass (!!!) and it actually looked nice, although too manicured for us! It was a little adventure finding these places. Jonathan, Susan and I walked to a fairly new craft brewery, where we sampled 10 different brews. Cooked fresh Key West shrimp on the boat and called it a night. Sunday we drove to Marathon to show Jon the City Marina with the 255 mooring ball field and the characters that inhabit them. It is a unique place for sure. Four years ago, we stayed on a ball there for almost three weeks!
Just before Jonathan left we got the washing machine out of the vehicle that had been used as our mini-storage for a few weeks. He wrestled it back on the boat and into the front bathroom which now becomes our utility room.
Looking forward to seeing Jonathan one more time Wednesday evening, before he heads to NYC to catch up with Eric and check on their air BNB.

Today’s picture is entitled - “I need a haircut.”


Comments