Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 134 Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Passage - Anchorage Everglades National Park, Cape Sable, FL Gulf Of Mexico to The Marina At Factory Bay, Marco Island, FL
7:31AM Underway
5:20 PM Docked A17
11.6 engine hours 74 miles

After a wonderful sunrise we got underway for a long run. It is the longest run we can remember since crossing the Atlantic to the Bahamas four years ago. This passage kept me on the same course for 47 miles and took us 14.5 miles out into the Gulf of Mexico. It was as slick as glass out there. We still had to dodge many lobster trap floats. Our stern wake rolled out each side of the boat for miles on a straight line. I’ve never seen our wake roll out behind the boat for as far as you could see.

After we rounded Cape Romano, we turned and aimed for Marco Island. We docked at the marina after the dock master had left for the day. Cleaned up a bit and walked to the famous Snook Inn for dinner. The walk added to our step count for the day. One thing of note: we discovered the ‘Health’ app on this version of the iPhone. It is the white square with a red heart. If the ‘Dashboard’ is chosen, one can see how far they walked in a day, week, month, or year, as well as flights of steps walked. We can’t figure out how it works, by itself? We never turned it on! It was almost 8:30 when we got to the restaurant and there was still a waiting list. Very popular, reasonable, fun and good food. We both had shrimp, because we are in shrimp country, you know.

We didn’t last long when we got back to the boat. That was a long and tiring day!

Today’s picture, Susan with the wake rolling back into the distance.


Comments