Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 176 Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Passage Osprey Marina to South Harbour Village Marina, Southport, NC
7:00 AM Underway
3:36 PM Docked Port to, South Harbour Village Marina
10.1 engine hours 62 miles

(49° as I write this on Thursday morning, reflecting on the day before.) Wednesday we had bad winds all day long NE 15-20 Knots. At least the tidal currents were with us most of the way. Susan was excited to discover that WAZE showed LT moving on the ICW, as well as her MPH. In the higher wind speeds, we were making about 7-10 mph! WAZE is truly our FAVORITE LAND vehicle navigation app. We traveled in a spread out pack of four other boats, which, as I ‘listened in’, all were headed to the same marina we were. Bill, the dockmaster, was very adept at singlehandedly helping all of these larger boats dock. We waited as we had arrived last. Susan had a line in each hand to toss him as I backed in. Bill complimented her for being ready to throw two lines. All of us were docking in VERY high winds. Kudos to all!

We always try to stop and visit Judy and Chuck, who have lived in Southport, NC for several years. Judy and Susan worked as a team in an exceptional education class for 16 years, in Henrico County. We happened into Southport just as Chuck was bringing Judy home from having a shoulder replacement! A short visit was worked out, when their son, Rick, picked us up at the marina and delivered us back later. Thanks so much, and it was wonderful to get to see all three of these old friends, again!

Everyone who knows us understands that we LOVE to try local cuisine, especially seafood, EVERYWHERE we go! This day’s blog can’t end without mentioning Joseph’s Italian Bistro, at the South Harbour Village Marina. We ate a delicious dinner, before visiting our friends: Suz had soft shell crabs and Brooke had great grouper! Both had a yummy lemon beurre blanc sauce and creamy, cheesy polenta under the seafood! The Snickers cake for dessert was so good that we took Judy a piece as a get well surprise.

Today’s picture is a cool steel sailboat called “Steel Away” on the Waccamaw River.


Comments