Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Tuesday May 30, 2017

Passage Midway Marina to Manteo Waterfront Marina
7:28 AM Underway
1:30 PM Docked Port Side to
7.1 engine hours 35.7 Nautical Miles

The day started out iffy weather. It was supposed to have thunderstorms last night and did not. The decks were wet when I got up. So, i knew it had rained. But still the sky looked mostly overcast. I checked the weather radar and figured we could go. So, after starting the coffee, we got underway headed south against the prevailing northerly boat traffic. For the first few miles we met quite a few boats approaching Coinjock. I wondered where they had spent the night. The only practical marina was Alligator marina on the south side of Albermarle sound 20 some miles away. I guess they had anchored out or gotten an earlier start than we did. 7:30 is pretty early for us.
We worried that bad weather forecast might develop but never did. It rained bit. The wind was light out of the SE across the Albemarle Sound and we had a bit of chop hitting the starboard bow. But as we approached the lee of Roanoke Island it was very calm. We had to dodge lots of crab pots, so I had to stay vigilant on what should have been an easy 2 hour leg of the trip on the same course.
The channel into Manteo is quite narrow and shallow. We entered at high tide and had no problem getting to the dock. We docked with zero wind and the light rain had quit about 15 minutes earlier.
Today’s picture is passing Jockeys Ridge from the sound side which most visitors to the Outer Banks never see. The picture is sort of gray. But that’s how the day looked. We are staying one more day in Manteo to catch up on some chores and light maintenance.


Comments