Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Thursday June 1, 2017

Thursday June 1, 2017
Passage Manteo Waterfront Marina - Anchorage Marina & Inn, Ocracoke
6:33 AM Underway
3:03 PM Docked Port Side to
10.0 engine hours 58 Nautical Miles

The good news is we are in Ocracoke. The bad news is there was no room at the National Parks Docks NPS and the only other marina is full. Except for tonight at the only marina in town. It’s full tomorrow unless someone cancels or does not show up. The predicament worked like this. We have been to Ocracoke many times and always gotten a spot at the NPS. The NPS is first come first served. We didn’t see much in advertisements for the OcraFolk festival so we figured we’d be able to get a slip. Well NPS was full with two boats rafted together. That’s really full. We might have to leave the slip we have tomorrow as it is reserved for the weekend. Anchoring out is not an option as we left the dinghy at home. Something will work out.
The last two ferries docking had a few large RVs. This festival is starting to feel like a real Bluegrass event. Anyhow, it’s wildly more popular than we anticipated.
The run here was fairly easy. We had a good push from the tide headed south down Roanoke Sound making 7.4 knots! I had no issues with the channels getting us into the Pamlico Sound. At first their was a bit on confused seas on the Pamlico hitting the bow straight on and the starboard side broadside. This chop was only about 1’ but pitched and rolled us more than looked possible. After about 1/2 hour that subsided and we had a very nice run down the Pamlico on one course for about 1 1/2 hours and another course for 4 hours. It was so nice that I sat on the bow with the autopilot remote and a hand held vhf radio for quite some time. It’s nice not being stuck at the helm seat all the time.
We ate dinner at the marina restaurant Smacnally’s. I had a Spanish mackerel sandwich and Susan a grilled shrimp wrap. Both were fresh caught. I had caught glimpses of the shrimp boats in the Pamlico sound and the boats at the dock were unloading mackerel.
Today’s picture is a mistake. It’s a sunset picture I was about to take when my phone rang and I sat the camera on the railing at Smacnally’s. The flash went off and what you see is what I got.


Comments