Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Thursday, October 26,2017

Yesterday, we finally got the CRV packed for our 6 month cruise and headed to the Marina. Yipee. It’s been tough getting ready to go. The mechanical issues with the boat and Susan and my health issues. Susan’s shoulder is better and my body is adjusting to the beta blocker medicine. Hello everyone - I’m 68 and Susan is close to that. So pains, stamina etc are as the doctors stay “age appropriate”. I feel like hitting them when they use the term “age appropriate”. But, we are ship shape and will be departing our marina tomorrow morning if the weather Gods favor us for our 22 miles of the Chesapeake Bay. That section is the 1st and largest body of water we encounter heading south. After that large waters are not much of an issue all the way to Miami. It’s pretty much Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway ( AICW ) also known fondly as “The Ditch” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intracoastal_Waterway Mile 0 is Portsmouth, VA and Miami is mile 1085. We will be spending Christmas with our son in Miami and then probably start staging for the Bahamas. I don’t believe we are going to the Florida Keys as they were devastated by Hurricane Irma. Traveling the AICW is fun. It twists and turns and keeps you on your toes constantly checking your position and watching out for other boats, tugs etc. Something interesting is always happening.
Today’s picture is from the dash of our CRV looking toward the cavern of stuff for our trip.


Comments