Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Osprey Marina - Harborwalk Marina, Georgetown, SC

Friday, November 1, 2017
32 miles 5.4 Engine Hours
7:38AM Underway
12:12PM Face Dock Harborwalk Marina

Short day. We were going to pass Georgetown. But it’s one of those towns we say were could move to. We had a very long day the day before and we really needed to WALK. On the boat we get lots of leg exercise going up and down steps and the constant motion of the boat.

The trip from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown is fascinating as you travel past all the former rice plantations. http://www.georgetowncountysc.org/about/history.html You can still see the canals that went way back into the rice fields from the waterway. You catch a glimpse of plantation homes and wonder how that time in history must have been. There is a very interesting Rice Museum on the main street of Georgetown.

After docking cleaning up some we walked to the seafood company and got a 1 lb of shrimp for $8.99. It was more like 1 1/4lbs. I’ll cook that tomorrow. Tonight we are going out somewhere nice.

We walked the shops along the waterfront street and didn’t find anything we had to buy for the boat. We saw some things we might like for our home. Unless we start pulling a barge behind us we can’t buy much. We still have not put away everything we loaded onto the boat before we left ou home marina.

We ate at ate dinner at a nice restaurant called Alfresco Bistro. I had bolognese and Susan had flounder and shrimp over risotto. Wonderful bread with garlic butter and a glass of wine. They had a very good band playing too. We really enjoyed the whole experience and brought back some of both meals in a doggy bag.
Got a long day Saturday through some shallow water to Isle Of Palms.
Today’s picture is one of the canals and rice fields that we passed today.


Comments