Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Docked - Port Royal Landing Marina

Saturday, November 25, 2017
0 miles 0 Engine Hours

Making preparations for getting underway tomorrow morning. Leaving SC tomorrow and we will be in Georgia tomorrow afternoon. Been nice here in Port Royal, SC. We really could move here . The people are so nice. It’s pretty. Real Estate is reasonable. Anyhow, we will stay Virgininans for a while longer.
Wednesday, I finally got around to putting up a 50’ string of LED lights under the flybridge overhang. Of course the kit wasn’t intended for boat use. A trip to the hardware store got me more brackets to hold the things up. It was cold and windy and I ran out of daylight. Oh well I’ll do that Thursday while we are cooking our Thanksgiving dinner. WRONG. Thursday we wake up with the boat pitching and a cold rain and north wind blowing. It rained pretty steady most of the day and we had the inside of Liquid Therapy steamed up with cooking gravy, sweet potatoes, spinach souffle’, cornish hens, stuffing, butternut squash soup, parker house rolls, cranberries and some champagne to celebrate the dinner aboard. It was tough to juggle all these things between oven, induction hot plate, and three burners. Just not enough places to sit everything for a coordinated plating. We got it done with the boat jumping up and down as though we were underway. It was all good.
Friday I finished the lighting project. My neck is going to be sore. But as night fell our main deck is now lit all the way around! The people behind us invited us over to play RummieKub. It was nice being with them. They have lived aboard for several years and had done the Great Loop ( www.greatloop.org )
Today we went to Walmart to buy a few things. I bought more oil and we got another casserole dish that we probably will not use until next Thanksgiving.
So, we had people aboard that we have been leapfrogging since Swansboro, NC. They have been without dirt since 2015 living on their 43 Viking. They also had done the loop.
Susan and I have no intention of doing the loop. We might go to Maine in the summer. I’d love to see the Erie Canal too. But there is still lots of the Chesapeake we can see.
Today’s picture is the Lady’s Island Bridge this morning just before sunrise.


Comments