Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Isle Of Hope Marina - Wahoo River Anchorage

Monday, November 27, 2017
42 miles 6.5 Engine Hours
9:00 AM Underway
2:33 PM Anchored Wahoo River 31°36.17’N 81°12.93W
Nearest Town is Harris Neck, Ga ( wherever that is )

Susan and I love to anchor out unless:
1. It’s too windy
2. It’s too buggy
3. It’s too Hot
4. It’s too cold

You know what. It’s too quiet. We are anchored next to a wildlife preserve. We have already closed the windows because bugs have started flying in. And, it really is quiet. The boat has swung already since we dropped the anchor at high tide. We appear to be holding just fine in 20’ of water. I like to anchor in less than that. But the water is very deep all the way to the shore. Wonderful anchorage.
We had a good ride with the tide helping us most of the time. I wanted a rising tide although we didn’t really hit and thin water today. It’s fun going around islands that have an inlet on each side and meet in the middle on the backside. On a rising tide you get pushed toward the back of the island until you meet the rising water coming around the other side of the island and loose the advantage. St. Catherine’s Island is 10 miles long and 3 miles wide. I watched as we got a push up to 8 knots for about 5 miles only to lose on the other side. It’s not something you can predict. I took some notes on where different speeds occurred as I passed behind St. Catherine’s Island and might review the log book when I feel more scientific. These tides are very amazing.
So here we sit at anchor with a nice sunset and we are cooking apple pie in the oven. So, for now it’s not getting cold inside the boat. We even have TV watching The Voice and a Christmas Special after that. Yea, we aren’t really roughing it at anchor.
Today’s picture is sunset at our anchorage.


Comments