Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Palm Cove Marina - Marineland Marina, FL

Wednesday, December 6, 2017
49 miles 10.3 Engine Hours
8:07 AM Underway
3:13 PM Docked bow in port side to Slip 46

As I writer this Thursday morning it’s 56º and gray outside. We are once again running the heat. It was 80° and we were in shorts yesterday. And, yesterday at 11:11AM we crossed the 30º 00.00’N latitude. Yea baby, we are in the warmer latitudes. Except it’s cold here. Also, yesterday we crossed out of seagrass into mangroves lining the shoreline. Pretty tough day with the tidal current Gods not showing favor on Liquid Therapy. We got a little favorable tidal current approaching St. Augustine inlet. Of course as soon as you turn away from the inlets to stay on the ICW channel you are hit with the water rushing toward you also heading to exit to the Atlantic. We fought the tide almost all the way to Marineland getting a slight push near the Mantanzas inlet. I kept looking over my shoulder with the clouds of the cold front approaching closing in behind us. At least we are out of the extreme tide ranges of South Carolina and Georgia. The cold front hit about 6PM last night with the temperature dropping and the boat rocking in the slip from the strong gusts of wind. After about 1 hour later the severe gusts from the leading edge of the front had passed and it was just getting colder fast.
Trying to decide whether to head to New Smyrna tomorrow. Wind will be behind us 10-15 and it is 60% chance of rain. It’s 52 miles. That is a pretty long day for us. New Smyrna is a nice town. We have seen Marineland Dolphin Conservation Center ( http://marineland.net/home/about-us/our-history ) and there is no real town or shopping here. So, We will probably move south.
Today’s picture is the iPad Nav. App. as we crossed into the 29º latitude.


Comments