Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Passage - Orchid Bay Marina - Hope Town Marina, Elbow Cay, Abacos
12 NM 2.8 Engine Hours
9:17 AM Underway
11:42 AM Docked Slip ? Hope Town Marina

OK, Play Barry Manilow’s “LOOKS LIKE WE MADE IT”
We arrived at our destination today. Hope Town at Elbow Cay after an easy run from Orchid Bay Marina. YEA!! YEA!!

We will be here until the end of February. We will be running in and out of the marina to different places. But Hope Town Marina will be base camp until we start our homeward journey March 1st.

Then, Deja Vu things started happening.

Our friends, Lee and Cheryl, from Martha’s Vineyard greeted us. They have been at Hope Town Marina on their since December having had their 50 year wedding celebration held at the marina. They had 13 family members fly over for the occasion. The last time we saw Cheryl and Lee was in Ocracoke.

Then new sailboat friends that we met at West End, Deak & Chris, showed up in their dingy. They are staying on a marina mooring ball for the entire month and are having a wedding for their son here in March.

We launched our dinghy and motored through the mooring field where we saw a boat we had met at Lighthouse Point. They were surprised and excited to ask us aboard for some catch up conversation. They are from Virginia too.

We left them and puttered through the mooring ball field to find where Deak & Chris were. Never found them but we found two more boats from Mathews, VA. Now that really played with our minds. Mathews is a small place and Hope Town is not very big either. What is the probability that our boat and two others from Mathews would show up here. Small world indeed.

That’s not the end of Deja Vu. Deak & Chris were here last March when we flew over and stayed at an AirBnb. We found out that Chris had performed in a community choir concert that we attended with our AirBnb hosts Davis and Jan. How crazy is that?

The marina had a nice Super Bowl party. We sat with Lee and Cheryl. I ate too much super bowl food. It was a very good game.

Today’s picture is “HERE COMES THE SUN”


Comments