Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

We have done two passages since I last wrote:

Tuesday, February 19, 2018
Passage - Docked Hope Town Marina, Elbow Cay, Abaco, BS

Thursday 2-15-18
Passage - Marsh Harbour - Mermaid Reef - Tahiti Beach -Hope Town Marina
14 NM 3.8 Engine Hours
10:05 AM Underway
10:31 AM Anchored Mermaid Reef 26º 33.30’N 77º 30.29’W
11:44 AM Underway Tahiti Beach 26º 30.26’N 76º 59.10’W
4:19 PM Underway
5:01 PM Docked Hope Town Marina slip

Friday 2-16-18
Passage - Hope Town Marina - Pete’s Pub, Little Harbour, Abaco and back
9:15 AM Underway
12:21 PM Pete’s Pub Mooring 26º 19.61’N 76º 59.96’W
2:34 PM Underway
3:35 PM Anchored 26º 24.17’N 76º 58.89’W
4:35 PM Underway
6:33 PM Docked Hope Town Marina

Those were two full packed days with Jonathan, Jessica and Eric. The kids came for beach time and we gave them beach time and some of the prettiest waters in the world. Friday, by the time we docked, Susan and I were pooped.

Saturday would be a day for the kids to check out the Atlantic side beach at Hope Town with Susan and me resting on the boat. They walked at least five miles on the beach!

But, back to Friday. Friday when we got back to the Hope Town Marina, the power was off. We found out that it was off at several of the cays. The main generator at Marsh Harbour had failed. That power plant supplies power to Great Guana, Man-O-War, Elbow Cay (Hope Town) and other places. The news was that it might not be fixed until Tuesday. Liquid Therapy does not have an installed generator. We have a small portable Honda 2000 watt generator that can keep our batteries up and our inverter takes care of our 120VAC loads. We have LED lighting that uses almost no electricity. Still I need to run the Honda about 3 hours per day. One story we heard was that a fuse had blown on the main generator and they had to get a new fuse from Arizona or Oklahoma. As Three Dog Night said “ In Oklahoma, Not Arizona, What Does It Matter, What does it matter?” Anyhow, we have power for about an hour a day. That’s when I try to make ice and hot water. Other than that I run the little honda to recharge the batteries to keep the refrigerator and freezer running and our lighting.

Saturday night we walked around dark Hope Town with generators humming all around. There were lots of people trying to find open restaurants. We went into “Wine Down Sip Sip” and it was packed with lots of people. But at least they had power and everyone in there was in good spirits. And, then their generator died. We stayed a while for someone to refuel the generator. We ordered a bottle of wine as mysteriously there was a glow from the cash register. It was still working. But then the BTC cell service went out and there was no way to process credit cards. I told the waitress we would pay cash. Everyone in the restaurant was having fun by candle light. No one was leaving. The waitress finally said the generator was having oil issues and told us of another place we should probably try instead of eating there. So, we walked on down the path to the other restaurant in the dark. I have a clip light that goes on the rim of my ball cap. That thing lit the way pretty good. We finally got to “ The Harbour’s Edge” restaurant and it was packed. It took a while to get seated. But we finally got something to eat, and two wicked martinis. I couldn’t finish the second.

Sunday was goodbye day for Jonathan, Eric and Jessica. Jonathan and Eric took one more stroll around the beach and Jessica, Susan and I walked the town.
Today’s pictures is Atlantic waves crashing into a cay that seems to have no name on the chart near Sandy Cay.


Comments