Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Friday, April 6, 2018

Passage Jekyll Harbor Marina - Cedar Creek Anchorage
64 SM 10.6 Engine Hours
8:08 AM Underway
5:05 PM Anchored 31º02.75’N 81º25.36’W Cedar Creek near St. Catherines Sound

Nice day cruising the ICW north. We actually had the wind and tide favorable most of the day. Our destination is Sunbury Crab Company for Saturday. So, we decided to travel pretty close to there and anchor for the night. Saturday we have thunderstorms forecast in the early afternoon. So, we want to get to the Sunbury marina before those arrive.

We often have dolphins swim by the boat. Sometimes they come along side for a breath or two. Today we had three stay with us about 10 minutes or so. Long enough for me to get some pictures. I left the boat on autopilot going about 5 knots and Susan and I went to the bow. The three dolphins would get under the boat and then pop up in from of the bow. They were staying very close all the time. Then we saw one turn sideways and obviously he was looking at us. We waved. Then the others would turn over on their sides and look at us too. I shot lots of pictures and video too. We have never had dolphins stay with and play with us so much. They would pop up, blow their air and spray me and the camera they were so close. We were really thrilled with their antics.

We finally found our anchorage spot with no other boats in sight. We had some current and wind. But the anchor was set and it stayed put through the tide reversals. I grilled some pork spare ribs and we had a very pleasant evening. We will get an early start in the morning for our 10 mile run to Sunbury Crab Co Marina. Rain with thunderstorms are forecasted.

Today’s picture is one of the dolphins just after he blew his air out. The spray you see in this picture is on the way up from dolphin just before it hits me in the face.


Comments