Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Monday, April 9, 2018

Passage Isle Of Hope Harbour Town Yacht Basin, Sea Pines, SC
27 SM 4.6 Engine Hours
8:19 AM Underway
12:15 PM Docked port side to stern in slip 28

Today we said goodby to Georgia when we crossed the Savannah River into South Carolina. It was another dreary weather day chilly but not like yesterday. I didn’t have to layer up to stay warm.

We had found more friends from Virginia were vacationing at Hilton Head. So, we decided to make a stop there for them to visit Liquid Therapy.

OK I’m not a golf guy. But I like to watch the Masters at Augusta, GA mainly for the azaleas. Augusta has beautiful azaleas. Well right after that they have a PGA tournament at Sea Pines. As we came into the harbor to the yacht basin I spied specter stands, TV camera crews and all the preparations being made for the 50th Heritage Golf Tournament. I was surprised they had available slips. Kind of pricy Hilton Head is in general. Our slip rent is $2.75 / ft here. Liquid Therapy is 36’ long and that equates to $99 per night to stay here. Compare that to $1.50 / ft at Sunbury $54 two nights ago. And then when you anchor out, THAT IS FREE! But wait there is more, starting Wednesday during the Heritage Tournament the rate goes to $14 / ft. 5 night minimum! That’s $504 / night x 5 night minimum = $2,520 to dock here during the tournament. Talk about price gouging! We will not be staying for the tournament.

Our friends from Richmond area, Bob and Carol-Ann and their family are staying on the island and have tickets for tournament. I don’t think I want to know what those tickets cost. There are road blocks keeping people out of the area where we are. Bob had some kind of pass to get his family to the marina for a tour and some refreshments and they came for a while. Some famous golfer and his caddy walked by and got on another boat. They couldn’t recall his name and I don’t know golf stars by sight. Our boat is docked right behind the famous Sea Pines Liberty Oak tree. In sight we have the WTOC TV tent. We saw an interview yesterday near the TV tent. So, it might get interesting around here. We decided to stay two days before moving north to Port Royal, SC. We will let you know if we actually have a famous person encounter.

Today’s picture is taken from our fly bridge. The picture is the Liberty Oak with the TV tent in the background.


Comments