Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Tuesday, April 24, 2018


Docked - Belhaven Marina
0 SM 0 Engine Hours
Docked starboard side to face dock

Uh, this is the worst slip we have stayed in our entire trip. We are on a seawall with another seawall straight across from us about 200’. Ever looked into a mirror with another mirror behind that. You see lots of reflections. Well that’s what’s going on here. Lots of reflections of single waves creating havoc. I really cannot believe how ROUGH it is at this dock. My guess is this dock should never be rented with a SE wind. We are supposed to have gale force conditions tonight out of the SE switching to the South. This face dock tie may become more dangerous than it has been all day long. I moved the boat forward and opened the gate. This allows the rolling boat not to smash our railing. The boat is rolling so far that the piling is inside where the closed railing would be. The dock master says he’s never seen this before. The marina is under new ownership and there may be many things they have not seen. Thought about leaving and anchoring. The waves in the Pungo river are breaking and large. So, leaving is not a good option either.
I wished I’d taken pictures or video. But I was too busy taking care of the boat.

Today’s picture is a tide line at one of the ocean inlets. When the tide runs in or out of an inlet there are definite convergent lines as though someone has put a wall between the two bodies of water. The color difference is quite noticeable.


Comments