Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Fairport Marina, Reedville, VA to Coles Point Marina

Day 2 Tuesday, October 2, 2019
11:17 AM Underway
4:16 PM Docked port side to slip 17
6.0 engine hours 38 miles


Got a very late start as the Marina hours are same as the Restaurant 11AM-3PM and we wanted fuel. They had a good price and we took on 100 gallons. It was HOT all day long. We did get a slight push with the current going in our favor up the Potomac River as our late start had the tide working with us. We were on the same course for 27 miles! That's nice for the autopilot. Still our Navionics auto routing software was taking us through pound nets and some long line nets too. I'm getting lazy and the Navionics Auto-routing feature is generally good. But you do have to check it closely. As with all GPS type software, we have been led astray in the car or on the boat.

Anyhow, except for the heat it was a nice ride up the Potomac. It would have been a great day to cross the Potomac 13 miles across to Point Lookout if we'd been headed north as our usual path takes us. But we are headed to Washington, DC. Yep, Mr. & MRS. Smith Goes to Washington.

We did meet two more characters at the dock at Coles Point. They were on a McGregor sailboat. If you've never seen a McGregor, it is a trailerable sailboat that you fill with water for sailing ballast. At the end of the day you can pump the ballast water out and the boat will get up on plane.

I am going to have to log my engine hours manually as it my engine hour meter may be running fast. It's the original meter and is 40 years old. Yep, it could be off. Time seems to go faster with me the older I get too.

Today's picture is one of the serval pound nets we passed near Smith Point...


Comments