Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 4 Friday, October 4 , 2019

Docked - Boathouse Marina, Colonial Beach, VA

Today was cleaning and preparing for anchoring out Saturday night for the Blessing Of The Fleet Event ( https://www.blessingofthefleetsomd.net ) The dinghy is almost 10 years old and is literally coming unglued. I’ve tried re-gluing some of the areas but that didn’t work. Think I’m going to take it to a professional when we get back. Hope it doesn’t come apart while we are in it.

We met a nice couple Amalio and Marta, from Spain. They are contemplating living aboard in DC. Cheaper than an apartment. We had Amalio and Marta aboard to check out our trawler. They are on a sailboat and just wanted to see how much room there is in a trawler.

A little harrying drive in the golf cart to dinner. It’s a loaner from the marina. Someone forgot to charge it and we were running late for our 7:15PM reservations. It’s night and the lights are on and it’s not running too fast. We make it to the restaurant OK but, I’m not sure if we will be running out of juice before we get back to the marina.

We had a wonderful dinner at Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar. I had Carolina crab stuffed shrimp and Susan had Crab Cakes. We had FRESH Calamari for appetizer. After the Calamari we just couldn’t eat it all of the main courses. So, it’s boxed and we have dinner for another night aboard. If you get to Colonial Beach, eat at Denson’s for sure.

Going back to the marina I knew I better not take any wrong turns and am using my iPhone App as it’s dark and a bit confusing. Colonial Beach is a golf cart town. That’s very cool. It was much colder and very windy when we left the restaurant. Susan had not brought a jacket as it had been pleasant all day. I had a sweater and I had my arm around her coming back to stay as warm as possible. And, yes the golf cart made it back.

Today’s picture is a view of the sunrise hitting sailboat masts behind Liquid Therapy.


Comments