Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 15- Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Passage - Capital Yacht Club to Boathouse Marina, Colonial Beach, VA
8:38 AM Underway
5:48 PM Docked Port Side Tie Dock A T
71 miles

Wow we set out to go about half that distance and anchor for the night. But, we had the tidal current working with us all but about the last 12 miles. It was a wonderful day and we just kept going and going. We had gotten to our planned anchorage by 12:15PM.

But this wasn't easy with all the debris in the river. The high tides over the weekend had lifted trees, boards, firewood and floating dock parts into the river. I was constantly dodging this and that the entire distance to Colonial Beach. But the weather was perfect and we just kept going.

A boat that had recently passed us had just finished docking as we pulled up to the dock and put our stern towards his stern. Funny thing they had left BOSTON about the same time we got underway in DC, had flown to DC, gotten on the boat at an adjacent marina in DC and beat us to Colonial Beach. They are headed to Ft. Lauderdale and are planning on moving to Norfolk tomorrow ( Wednesday ). It's supposed to be raining and gale conditions up this part of the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay. They are delivery guys. You know the saying "The worst thing you can have on a boat is a SCHEDULE" Good luck to them. We will be tied to the dock cleaning and it's time change the air filters on the heat pumps. It's going to be 45ยบ tomorrow night.

We ate our left overs we'd been accumulating and still have some for tomorrows lunch! And, wow we were tired and went to bed early..

Tonight's Picture is Colonial Beach sunset. In this case "red sky at night, sailors delight" is not going to be true as tomorrow's forecast is rain and gale winds..


Comments