Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

T minus 3 days

Saturday September 19. 2020
0 Miles T-3 days and counting.

Start of our 6 week cruise? Nope weather delay until Wednesday it appears.
See below.

“” SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY EVENING
 

 OVERNIGHT
 NE winds 20 to 25 kt. Waves 3 to 5 ft.

 SUN
 NE winds 15 to 20 kt, increasing to 20 to 25 kt in the
 afternoon. Waves 3 to 5 ft.

 SUN NIGHT
 NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt,
 diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 4 to 5 ft.

 MON
 NE winds 20 to 25 kt, diminishing to 15 to 20 kt in the
 late morning and afternoon. Waves 4 to 5 ft.

 MON NIGHT
 NE winds 15 to 20 kt, becoming N 10 to 15 kt after
 midnight. Waves 4 to 5 ft.

 TUE
 NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

 TUE NIGHT
 W winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

 WED
 NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.””

But we have had a wonderful evening after a most stressful buying and loading of stores for our tip, voting, emergency tooth repair, vacation override on medications, having our house plants baby sat and other things I can’t think of right now.

But tonight at the marina was just downright weird, deja vu things.

I met a guy that learned to fly at New Kent Airport about the same time I did 40 years ago. We knew the same mechanic, remembered specific planes we rented, flight instructors. How weird to meet someone at a 20 year wedding anniversary party at our marina.

And then they band was excellent. They hadn’t played since last October. What great sound engineer. At a break Susan strikes a conversation with the sound engineer and I join in to find the guy’s father used to run sound for Flashback, a band I worked lighting and some sound with for several years. And, the guys father is at the gig too. I talk with him about all the musicians we know. Again, how weird for us to be at a small gathering in Port Haywood, Va and bump into so many people I almost knew.

Today’s picture is Holt’s Creek off the Pamunkey River in New Kent, VA


Comments