Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

2020 Fall Cruise Sunday September 20. 2020

0 Miles T-2 days and counting - Or is it T-3 days again.

As I type this the wind is 25-31 knots ENE. I just checked the boat barometer and it’s 30.45” It has risen about another .05” in about 3 hours. That means high pressure is building in and the wind isn’t going to slow down until the barometer stops rising. The wind will blow good for another day after a hight pressure system moves in and the barometer is steady. And, 30.45” is pretty high pressure. If the pressure starts falling fast we will have more wind. 29.92” is normal pressure for you wondering about barometer readings. Above 29.92” is high pressure and below that is low pressure. It was supposed blow hard Monday and Tuesday and drop to 5-10 knots on Wednesday. Now the weather says Wednesday NW 10-15. That is too much for an easy ride and could be hitting us close to broadside. We are in no hurry at all. But, still we want to get going.

We put our day at the dock to good use. We packed up stuff we didn’t need on the boat and packed it into the car. I packed too many clothes anyhow and methodically pared those down. We got all the food put away and miraculously all the frozen food fit into the freezer and cold things into the refrigerator. We look like we are going on a 6 month not a 6 week cruise

I whipped the ends of some new ropes that are being used as lines on our fenders. Whipping the ends of lines is a dying art. Today everyone melts nylon rope ends to prevent unraveling of the rope end. Well, I still do it the old fashioned way with whipping twine, and for good reason. These lines we use a lot. And the ends of a whipped line are soft and smooth. The fender lines often slide through our hands, sometimes wet hands. A line that has melted ends can actually cut you if it slides through your hand. So, I still whip them.

Today’s picture Liquid Therapy in her slip just ready to go..


Comments