Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 26, 2020 Fall Cruise

Sunday, October 18, 2020
Manteo Waterfront Marina
0 miles

We thought we’d be leaving Manteo tomorrow, Monday. But as is often the case the weather has slipped and it looks like Tuesday. Monday the wind is now forecasted to be NE10-15. One thing we have found that often wind speeds are higher than forecasted. And, we can be heading somewhat into the wind and the apparent wind is the sum of the boat speed and wind. And, also often the actual wind is stronger than the forecasted speed. So, we will be staying put tomorrow and not venturing out into the Albemarle Sound. Our course would have had whatever wave size hitting us broadside across the sound. Not fun.

We didn’t do anything of significance today. No maintenance. The shaft is still not leaking and the oil and fuel levels have been recorded in the log book for whenever we leave. Just waiting on the weather.

We took a walk to a coffee shop for a change of scenery and to get off the bouncing boat. This marina seems to have wave action from unknown sources.

I heard a band setting up at Roanoke Festival Park. I heard the drum kit being dialed in and then the vocals, keys, guitar and bass. Sounded like a pretty big sound system too. We searched the internet for what was happening. While eating dinner the band started playing and it sounded just like the band Journey. I know all tours are canceled and musicians are really hurting. But this band sounded just like Journey. I had to investigate and walked the about half a mile to the venue expecting security or a crowd. There were a few cars in the parking lot. There was no crowd of lawn chairs. Once the stage was in sight I saw what was going on. It was a wedding reception. And, the band was playing for about 10 people. The band was not Journey. But the band was just great and it was nice hearing an actual band playing. It was also sad that the wedding party was so small due to Covid.

I really miss live music performances. And, restaurants… We miss going out to eat. Hope a cure or vaccination comes soon or the virus just dies.

Today’s picture is some of my marlinspike seamanship displayed.


Comments