Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 10 Sunday, May 30, 2021

Docked River Dunes Marina, Oriental, NC

Cold sheets of rain coming down. 59ยบ and gray outside all day long. One good thing was Liquid Therapy didn't leak at a window that has been plaguing us for a few years. Sometimes that window leaks and sometimes it doesn't. I prepared for the leak in advance. I put some gorilla glue in the corner of the window that was suspect. It was liquid enough I thought it might take the path that rainwater does, thereby sealing the leak. Squirting glue was a feat using a mirror and trying to aim in the general area backwards. Now I know what the dental hygienists go through with that mirror skill. I still should pull the window frame apart and reseal it properly. That's good enough for this trip, or, maybe forever!
The day centered around the chilly, lousy weather outside. however, the squeals of kids in the pool were evident! How they don't turn blue is beyond me. Every time we went outside there was a cold mist that called for long sleeves and jackets.

Reviewing the weather it seemed we should make a run for Ocracoke on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. The Ocracoke dock master was contacted and told me the slip we are assigned was not going to be available til Wednesday and he was full. Wednesday doesn't look too bad except for the scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. 39 miles will take us about 6 hours. So, we will be departing early Wednesday to beat the storms.

We had a wonderful Italian themed dinner at the Yacht Club Sunday night. A little dressed up. We met our new friends for dinner and had great conversation with the nice dinner. I had salmon Puttanesca and Susan opted for spaghetti with meatballs. Everything was great and the service was above outstanding.

Afterwards we had our friends aboard for a tour of Liquid Therapy and a Corpse Reviver #2 night cap. We had fun playing music and talking boating, music and destinations.

Today's picture is a couple cranes in Norfolk with half the wheels on top of the building and the other wheels on the dock. We see some crazy stuff.


Comments