Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 16 Saturday, June 5, 2021

Docked - Berkley Marina Ocracoke, NC

The Ocrafolk Music Festival continues. We have seats booked from 9AM until 10PM. Fanny fatigue and music overload. We love every group we have seen and it’s been diverse from Dixieland New Orleans Jazz to New Grass Bluegrass.

We take the lunch break in music to drive our golf cart to a latin food truck. I got the largest fish burrito I’ve ever seen and Susan opted for the shrimp burrito, also huge. We will be eating leftovers of these in the next few days. We drove to the boat to eat in air conditioning.

Except their conditioning wasn’t cooling too well. I look at the discharge water and it is apparent to me not enough water is flowing out of the boat. ( Boat heat pumps use water instead of air, like at your house, for cooling and heating the compressors) So, it’s jump into the bilge and empty the strainer that probably has grass or a trapped jelly fish blocking the flow of water. I hand Susan up the strainer and she picks out the not too clogged strainer, hands it back down to me and we turn the AC on and still NOT ENOUGH water flow. Humm the water pump could be failing or there is a restriction to the water coming to the strainer like an oyster or some other creature is blocking the flow of water into the strainer. I open the below sea level seacock and water just trickles in. This is not good as that means something is blocking the sea water from freely flowing to the strainer. I decide to blow backwards with the water hose to whatever is blocking the water. I modify the water hose ( cut the end off of the hose at an angle ) jam it down into the strainer intake and blast towards the sea. Yep I make a mess with lots of water going into the bilge. But after squirting water backwards to the underwater pickup the water is entering the strainer much better and we will have AC. Could have been a plastic bag or other debris. Anyhow we once again have AC.
We go back to our concerts and then the 6PM break for supper. We return to Jason’s Restaurant for a 2nd time and to eat more local fish. Today it is Drum Fish. I get the dinner and Susan the drum sandwich. Both great. It’s nice just having whatever comes in off the boat at these restaurants.

We have seen all but one of the groups for the night session music and decide not to go back for night. We will see the last group on Sunday.

Today’s picture is the sunset sailboat cruise almost back to the dock still under full sail.


Comments