Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

Summer cruise at last

Off at last. On a sunny, windy afternoon on 4 May, Ju and I set off from Ardfern on our summer cruise at last. The boatyard had adapted the liferaft cradle for Precious 2, and we had sorted a couple of problems with the engine. SO we sailed down Loch Craignish in full sunlight, with up to 20 knots of wind in our faces. We kept the engine on and motorsailed, through the Dorus Mor and its overfalls, and on into the Sound of Luing, where suddenly there was no wind at all. 3 knots from behind us. So it remained all the way up and past the Fladda Lighthouse. Off Bono Rock the wind got up a bit at last, and we could switch off the engine and sail. It was a great sail across to Mull, where we entered Loch Spelve with the flood tide, and found a sheltered anchoring spot in the usual north west corner of the loch. We plan to stay here until Saturday for the Royal Highland Yacht Club muster, with mussels and wine on shore at the mussel farm. Meantime Happy Birthday Cathy, and hello there Zoya! Cathy tells me you are now reading this blog! Do comment if you can!

Comments