Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig!

Last Wednesday was a lovely day, and we set off from Kerrera (Oban) about 8am and motored south in 2 to 3 knots of north-westerly breeze. It was sunny and visibility was good. We reached Fladda light before the beneficial effects of the south-going tide speeded us up from our usual 5knots to a record 12 knots over the ground! At the same time the wind rose so we hoisted sail, and covered the rest of the distance through the Dorus Mor and up Loch Craignish under sail.

We spent the night on the mooring, and put the boat on the pontoon on Thursday to offload most of our stuff, and change diesel and oil filters on the engine. After that I had the exhilerating experience of single-handing the boat for the first time ever from pontoon back to mooring, which I managed to pick up at the first attempt! Decidedly something I want to do more of, single-handing, I mean.

We spent the weekend in Edinburgh, then got back to attack the washing, and the garden, in that order!

More journeys soon, once the washing dries!

Comments