Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

Boat Show Weekend

We'll be going to the Boat Show on Sunday. Meantime we're having some fun in London, retail therapy and a trip to the Theatre to see the 39 Steps.

We're hoping the Boat Show 2012 is a bit better than last year, when half the exhibition space had been lost to a bicycle and outdoors exhibition, and the Navy had run out of ships to send alongside, due to the cuts! Even the floating boats for sale on the Thames outside the show were few in number, lots of them were huge gin palaces with things like motorboats and Land Rovers tucked away in lockers at the stern, who only allowed people aboard by invitation and appointment! Who buys these huge things? Just how many multimillionaires are there in our society?

What would be nice would be a Boat Show that reflects the reality of most of its visitors, owning a probably ageing boat with maintenance and upgrading issues, rather than wandering about with a huge budget looking for the biggest plastic fantastic they can buy!

Anyway, it's always a good day out!

More once we have been!

Meantime here's a photo of us taken in Kinlochbervie in the summer.

Comments