Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

And finally to Antalya, the long way

From Finike we hired a car, and set off for a week touring Anatolia and Cappadocia.. First we drove along the coast, to Mersin, then took the toll motorway inland, through endless tunnels, to a city on a high plateau, which was called Nigde, (pronounced need-uh).

From there we headed towards Goreme, where we stayed in a so-called cave hotel. There were amazing rock formations all around, many of them carved into dwellings, or churches, even underground carved cities. It has to be seen to be believed. Balloon flights were on offer which we watched, but didn't join. June and Steve did, and had a great time!

Then a long drive to an inland lake where we stayed in a pension on a peninsula for a couple of nights, climbing the nearby mountain to look at the view.

Then a short drive to Antalya, stopping off at an ancient city on a mountain top, Teremessos has lots of buildings still there after millennia, including a
theatre.

Back to Antalya, where we stayed in the old town, while the weather went bad on the last two days of the trip, involving us in an on-tarmac delay before takeoff while forked lightning danced around the airport!

Home at last!

Comments